We at First Exchange Bank place customer privacy as a very important issue. We have always enjoyed the trust of our customers and are prepared to do all we can to maintain that trust. The Board of Directors of First Exchange Bank has adopted the following eight privacy principles that have been endorsed by the major banking groups.
- Recognition of a Customer’s Expectation of Privacy First Exchange Bank recognizes and respects that our customers expect their financial information to be kept private. First Exchange Bank policies guide employees in this important matter.
- Use, Collection and Retention of Customer Information First Exchange Bank collects, retains and uses information about its customer only when we believe it would be useful and allowable by law, to administer to our business needs in providing products, services and other opportunities to our customers.
- Maintenance of Accurate Information First Exchange Bank has established procedures so that our customer’s financial information is accurate, current and complete in accordance with reasonable business standards. First Exchange Bank will respond to requests to correct inaccurate information in a timely manner.
- Limiting Employee Access to Information First Exchange Bank limits employees access to personally identifiable customer information. Our employees must have a valid business reason for knowing such information. First Exchange Bank educates its employees so they understand the importance of confidentiality and customer privacy
- Protection of Information via Established Security Procedures First Exchange Bank maintains appropriate security standards and procedures regarding unauthorized access to customer information.
- Restrictions on the Disclosure of Account Information In the normal course of business, First Exchange Bank does not sell online customer information to a third party for the purpose of solicitation nor do we provide such information to a third party for its own independent use. We may share information with third parties in order to deliver products and services which you requested and in order to communicate with you about First Exchange Bank, its products and its services. If your personally identifiable information is provided to a third party First Exchange Bank requires that the third party adhere to similar privacy principles that provide for keeping such information confidential.
- Maintaining Customer Privacy in Business Relationships with Third Parties If personally identifiable customer information is provided to a third party, that third party must adhere to similar privacy principles that provide for keeping such information confidential.
- Disclosure of Privacy Principles to Customers Customers that are concerned about financial privacy and want to know more about this important issue may contact First Exchange Bank at (304) 986-1700.